Descendants of John Adam Goebel
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL was born December 1846 in Schmalkalten, Germany, and died February 2, 1910 in Albany, N.Y.. He married LOUISA SITTIG.
More About JOHN ADAM GOEBEL:
More About LOUISA SITTIG:
Children of JOHN GOEBEL and LOUISA SITTIG are:
2. i. GUSTAVE2 GABEL, b. October 21, 1873; d. October 23, 1923.
3. ii. BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH GABEL, b. August 8, 1875; d. August 28, 1957.
4. iii. AUGUST CARL GABEL, b. November 27, 1877; d. 1934.
5. iv. ELIZABETH ANNA GABEL, b. August 6, 1875; d. December 25, 1950.
6. v. MARY AUGUSTA GABEL, b. October 1, 1881, Albany, N.Y.; d. June 20, 1927, Albany, N.Y..
vi. ALBERT MORITZ GABEL, b. August 23, 1883; d. November 19, 1947; m. DORA MILLER.
Notes for DORA MILLER:
Born in 1876, died December 27, 1948
7. vii. MARGARET GABEL, b. January 18, 1886; d. April 17, 1981.
viii. SARAH GABEL, b. January 25, 1888; d. 1892.
ix. KATHERINE GABEL, b. June 5, 1890; d. December 25, 1967; m. (1) EDWARD MAHAR; m. (2) FRANK FITZPATRICK; m. (3) FRANK SCHMITT.
Notes for KATHERINE GABEL:
Kate lived on Third St. with a married man who was a Catholic (Schmitt).
x. ANNA GABEL, b. March 24, 1892; d. 1892.
Generation No. 2
2. GUSTAVE2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born October 21, 1873, and died October 23, 1923. He married DORA MILLER.
More About GUSTAVE GABEL:
Notes for DORA MILLER:
Children of GUSTAVE GABEL and DORA MILLER are:
i. CONRAD3 GABLE, b. Abt. 1902; d. 1932.
More About CONRAD GABLE:
Cause of Death: TB
ii. GEORGE GABLE, b. September 4, 1907; d. January 3, 1984.
iii. FREDERICK GABLE, b. 1908; d. Abt. 1970.
Notes for FREDERICK GABLE:
Died at age 63
iv. EDWARD GABLE, b. August 29, 1911; d. July 25, 1980.
v. DOROTHY GABLE, b. 1912; d. 1925.
8. vi. GRACE GABLE, b. 1913.
9. vii. WILLIAM GABLE, b. 1918.
3. BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born August 8, 1875, and died August 28, 1957. She married BENJAMIN DANIEL HUMPHREY.
Notes for BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH GABEL:
Children of BERTHA GABEL and BENJAMIN HUMPHREY are:
10. i. ALICE MARGARET3 HUMPHREY, b. May 23, 1904; d. June 22, 1985.
ii. BENJAMIN CHARLES HUMPHREY, b. May 13, 1907; d. April 11, 1979.
Notes for BENJAMIN CHARLES HUMPHREY:
Died in the Vet's Hospital at age 72
He was in a bad accident a few years before. He was in bad shape for a while but recovered.
Never married. Lived with his sister Anna until his death.
iii. ANNA HELEN HUMPHREY, b. September 4, 1908.
Notes for ANNA HELEN HUMPHREY:
Linda Charbonneau Agneta wrote in Jan, 1999:
"My Aunt Anna has never married and is now 90 years young. She still lives on her own in the family home at 511 Second Street that was purchased by her grandfather soon after his arrival from Germany. After suffering a broken hip in 1995 she now uses a walker but continues to handle all her own affairs and does all her own house work. She has done much research into family history and remembers dates of births and deaths off the top of her head! She is an amazingly strong woman and sets an example for me."
Photo at right (9/'94) is of Anna and Fred and the horse "Humphrey" that they sponsored for the Albany Mounted Police Unit.
iv. FREDERICK CHARLES HUMPHREY, b. June 16, 1915; m. CATHERINE GLYNN.
4. AUGUST CARL2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born November 27, 1877, and died 1934. He married CATHERINE GOTHA.
More About AUGUST CARL GABEL:
Children of AUGUST GABEL and CATHERINE GOTHA are:
11. i. FRANKLYN3 GABLE, b. September 12, 1904; d. September 25, 1976.
12. ii. HAROLD GABLE, b. 1906; d. December 27, 1969.
13. iii. CATHERINE GABLE, b. June 1910; d. June 12, 1970.
iv. KENNETH GABLE, m. GLORIA STAFFORD.
5. ELIZABETH ANNA2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born August 6, 1875, and died December 25, 1950. She married VEITCH GRINTON.
Notes for ELIZABETH ANNA GABEL:
Children of ELIZABETH GABEL and VEITCH GRINTON are:
i. VEITCH3 GRINTON, b. March 1905; d. April 30, 1956; m. MARY MCLAUGHLIN.
More About VEITCH GRINTON: (photo at right)
Cause of Death: Heart Attack
ii. ALBERT GRINTON, b. April 4, 1907; d. April 21, 1931.
Notes for ALBERT GRINTON:
Died of a motorcycle accident (bringing his new, Indian motorcycle from the dealer)
Albert kept company with Violet Ricketts
iii. ELEANOR GRINTON, b. November 13, 1910; d. May 11, 1983. (photo on left)
6. MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born October 1, 1881 in Albany, N.Y., and died June 20, 1927 in Albany, N.Y.. She married JAMES HENRY JOY.
More About MARY AUGUSTA GABEL:
Notes for JAMES HENRY JOY:
Children of MARY GABEL and JAMES JOY are:
14. i. JOHN HENRY3 JOY, b. November 4, 1903; d. Abt. 1933.
ii. HELEN JOY, b. October 1, 1905; d. 1906.
15. iii. EVELYN PHOEBE JOY, b. December 25, 1906, Albany, N.Y.; d. April 1, 1979, Albany, N.Y..
16. iv. EDITH JOY, b. May 12, 1909; d. August 1969.
v. JAMES (BABE) JOY, b. February 22, 1912, Albany, N.Y.; d. April 9, 1992, Albany, N.Y.; m. ESTELLE FINK.
More About JAMES (BABE) JOY:
Occupation: Sheet Metal Worker
Personalityt: Kind and generous. Good host.
Notes for ESTELLE FINK:
Born Feb 22, 1912, died Nov 30, 1990
7. MARGARET2 GABEL (JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born January 18, 1886, and died April 17, 1981. She married WILLIAM F. BOOS, son of CHARLIE BOOS.
Notes for MARGARET GABEL:
Notes for WILLIAM F. BOOS:
Child of MARGARET GABEL and WILLIAM BOOS is:
17. i. WILLIAM EDWARD3 BOOS, JR, b. January 18, 1910; d. January 6, 1969.
Generation No. 3
8. GRACE3 GABLE (GUSTAVE2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born 1913. She married JOHN ADAMS.
Children of GRACE GABLE and JOHN ADAMS are:
i. JOHN QUINCY4 ADAMS.
18. ii. DOROTHY ADAMS.
9. WILLIAM3 GABLE (GUSTAVE2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born 1918. He married SHIRLEY.
Children of WILLIAM GABLE and SHIRLEY are:
i. WILLIAM4 GABLE.
ii. ANDREW GABLE.
10. ALICE MARGARET3 HUMPHREY (BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born May 23, 1904, and died June 22, 1985. She married FRANK J. CHARBONNEAU.
Notes for FRANK J. CHARBONNEAU:
Child of ALICE HUMPHREY and FRANK CHARBONNEAU is:
19. i. LINDA ANN4 CHARBONNEAU, b. August 2, 1939.
11. FRANKLYN3 GABLE (AUGUST CARL2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born September 12, 1904, and died September 25, 1976. He married ELIZABETH GREINER.
Notes for ELIZABETH GREINER:
Children of FRANKLYN GABLE and ELIZABETH GREINER are:
i. FRANK4 GABLE.
ii. NANCY GABLE.
12. HAROLD3 GABLE (AUGUST CARL2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born 1906, and died December 27, 1969. He married MARGARET O'NEILL.
Notes for MARGARET O'NEILL:
Children of HAROLD GABLE and MARGARET O'NEILL are:
i. MARGARET4 GABLE, m. (?) MURRAY.
ii. NADINE GABLE, m. (?) ROCKENSTIRE).
13. CATHERINE3 GABLE (AUGUST CARL2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born June 1910, and died June 12, 1970. She married RICHARD CLAYTON.
Children of CATHERINE GABLE and RICHARD CLAYTON are:
i. DONALD LEROY4 CLAYTON.
ii. GERALD CLAYTON.
14. JOHN HENRY3 JOY (MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born November 4, 1903, and died May 15, 1961. He married ISABEL ZINK.
More About JOHN HENRY JOY:
Notes for ISABEL ZINK:
Children of JOHN JOY and ISABEL ZINK are:
20. i. JOHN4 JOY, b. September 21, 1930; d. Abt. 1977.
ii. JOAN JOY, b. August 20, 1932.
21. iii. DORIS JOY, b. April 14, 1937.
iv. CAROL JOY, b. September 21, 1942; d. Nov 13, 2004.
15. EVELYN PHOEBE3 JOY (MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born December 25, 1906 in Albany, N.Y., and died April 1, 1979 in Albany, N.Y.. She married CHARLES JOSEPH BYRNE 1933 in St. James church, Albany, N.Y., son of CHARLES BYRNE and MARY O'NEIL.
Ancestors of Charles Joseph Byrne are in the Byrne tree, person #4
Child of EVELYN JOY and CHARLES BYRNE is:
22. i. CHARLES JOSEPH4 BYRNE, b. November 29, 1935, Albany, N.Y..
16. EDITH3 JOY (MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born May 12, 1909, and died August 1969. She married ELSWORTH (BUSTER) HORAN. (Photo at right is Edith, probably at her Confirmation)
Notes for ELSWORTH (BUSTER) HORAN:
Child of EDITH JOY and ELSWORTH HORAN is:
23. i. MARY4 HORAN, b. September 11, 1954, Albany, N.Y..
17. WILLIAM EDWARD3 BOOS, JR (MARGARET2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born January 18, 1910, and died January 6, 1969. He married LILIAN DARLING RAYMOND.
More About WILLIAM EDWARD BOOS, JR:
Notes for LILIAN DARLING RAYMOND:
Children of WILLIAM BOOS and LILIAN RAYMOND are:
24. i. RICHARD ROBERT4 BOOS, b. December 9, 1932.
ii. ALAN WILLIAM BOOS, b. July 30, 1940.
Generation No. 4
18. DOROTHY4 ADAMS (GRACE3 GABLE, GUSTAVE2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL).
Children of DOROTHY ADAMS are:
i. ROBERT5 ADAMS.
ii. TAMMY ADAMS.
19. LINDA ANN4 CHARBONNEAU (ALICE MARGARET3 HUMPHREY, BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born August 2, 1939. She married ANTHONY AGNETA May 14, 1960.
Children of LINDA CHARBONNEAU and ANTHONY AGNETA are:
25. i. VINCENT PAUL5 AGNETA, b. April 24, 1961.
26. ii. PAUL VINCENT AGNETA, b. March 21, 1964.
20. JOHN4 JOY (JOHN HENRY3, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born September 21, 1930, and died Abt. 1977. He married VIRGINA JOHNSON.
More About JOHN JOY:
Children of JOHN JOY and VIRGINA JOHNSON are:
i. DANIEL5 JOY, b. October 6, 1952.
Notes for DANIEL JOY:
per Anna Humphrey, 1998 -- "Daniel Joy was a good friend of Gary Jordan. They traveled in Europe togethe. Gary's mother is a friend of Fred Humphrey. Daniel referred to her as "Ma Jordan". Gary's mother is Joan who comes to check on me every week. Bringing me a bag of groceries and sweets. Joan has filled my house with miniatures. She also telephones me 3 times a day."
ii. DAVID JOY, b. April 12, 1956.
iii. DENNIS JOY, b. April 1958.
iv. DARRELL JOY, b. April 1959.
21. DORIS4 JOY (JOHN HENRY3, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born April 14, 1937. She married FREDRIC ISAMANIII.
Children of DORIS JOY and FREDRIC ISAMAN are:
i. FREDRIC ANDREW5 ISAMAN, b.
March 4, 1970.
Notes for FREDRIC ANDREW ISAMAN:
Teaches at Ann Arbor and working on his doctorate in Math (1998)
ii. NACAUL RENEE ISAMAN, b. October 10, 1971; m. DONALD HARRIS.
Notes for NACAUL RENEE ISAMAN:
Is a psychiatric nurse. (1998)
iii. JED NATHANIEL ISAMAN, b. December 20, 1976.
Notes for JED NATHANIEL ISAMAN:
Graduated from U.B. and doing graduate work in Math (1998)
22. CHARLES JOSEPH4 BYRNE (EVELYN PHOEBE3 JOY, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born November 29, 1935 in Albany, N.Y.. He married MARY ROONEY November 26, 1960 in Morris Plains, N.J., daughter of FRANCIS ROONEY and LORETTA LARSON.
Descendants of CHARLES JOSEPH BYRNE appear in the Thomas Gerrity, Mary Munley tree with Mary Rooney, person #28.
23. MARY4 HORAN (EDITH3 JOY, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born September 11, 1954 in Albany, N.Y.. She married (1) DENNIS MULLIN. She married (2) STEVE MERRITT, son of CHARLES MERRITT and BERTHA RIDGEWAY. (Photo at right is Mary at son Jason's graduation from Brockport College, May 15, 1999).
Child of MARY HORAN and DENNIS MULLIN is:
i. RAECHEL ANDROMEDA5 MULLIN, b. June 27, 1986, Albany, N.Y..
Child of MARY HORAN and STEVE MERRITT is:
29. ii. JASON CHRISTOPHER5 MERRITT, b. August 28, 1974; m. LISA HARDY Sept 3, 1999
24. RICHARD ROBERT4 BOOS (WILLIAM EDWARD3, MARGARET2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born December 9, 1932. He married ALICE C. MCCARTIN.
Child of RICHARD BOOS and ALICE MCCARTIN is:
i. MARGRET JUDE5 BOOS, b. June 8, 1966; m. KRISTIAN B. DERHAM.
Notes for MARGRET JUDE BOOS:
About the name Margret (no 'a' between thr 'r' and the 'g'): Her parents were stuck on two names (Margo and Greta or Grette). They also wanted to pay tribute to her Great-Grandmother Margaret (Nan) who was living with them at the time.
Notes for KRISTIAN B. DERHAM:
Russian Orthodox background
Generation No. 5
25. VINCENT PAUL5 AGNETA (LINDA ANN4 CHARBONNEAU, ALICE MARGARET3 HUMPHREY, BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born April 24, 1961. He married REGINA MOHR.
Notes for VINCENT PAUL AGNETA:
Child of VINCENT AGNETA and REGINA MOHR is:
i. TYLER6 AGNETA, b. 1989. (Photo at right)
26. PAUL VINCENT5 AGNETA (LINDA ANN4 CHARBONNEAU, ALICE MARGARET3 HUMPHREY, BERTHA ANNA ELIZABETH2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born March 21, 1964. He married KARYN TOFTEGAARD.
Notes for PAUL VINCENT AGNETA:
Child of PAUL AGNETA and KARYN TOFTEGAARD is:
i. AMANDA6 AGNETA, b. December 11, 1991.
27.THOMAS EDWARD5 BYRNE (CHARLES JOSEPH4, EVELYN PHOEBE3 JOY, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born May 31, 1962 in Plainfield, N.J.. He married CARLA EVANS May 04, 1992 in Oahu, Hawaii, daughter of ALAN EVANS.
Children of THOMAS BYRNE and CARLA EVANS are:
i. KYLE ALLEN6 BYRNE, b. May 02, 1995, Columbus, Ohio.
ii. AUSTIN CALE BYRNE, b. July 02, 1996, Columbus, Ohio.
iii. JARRETT THOMAS BYRNE, b. March 09, 2002, St Anne's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio.
28.LAURA ELLEN5 BYRNE (CHARLES JOSEPH4, EVELYN PHOEBE3 JOY, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born August 06, 1963 in Fairfax, Virginia. She married TOM KLEBOSKY August 17, 1991 in Columbus, Ohio, son of TOM KLEBOSKY and SUE.
Children of LAURA BYRNE and TOM KLEBOSKY are:
i. MICHAEL THOMAS6 KLEBOSKY, b. March 25, 1994, Columbus, Ohio.
ii. DAVID ALLEN KLEBOSKY, b. August 22, 1996, Columbus, Ohio.
iii. KATHERINE ANNE KLEBOSKY, b. July 15, 1999, Scottsdale, AZ.
iv. JESSICA JOY KLEBOSKY, b. October 10, 2002, Scottsdale, AZ.
29.JASON CHRISTOPHER5 MERRITT (MARY4 HORAN, EDITH3 JOY, MARY AUGUSTA2 GABEL, JOHN ADAM1 GOEBEL) was born August 28, 1974. He married LISA HARDY September 03, 1999.
Child of JASON MERRITT and LISA HARDY is:
i. RAEGAN6 MERRITT, b. 2004.